Graudu iela 68, Riga LV 1058
Telephone: + 371 67606110
ASSOCIATION “LĪDERE” is a public organization (founded on 3 February 2003) that unites Latvian women entrepreneurs and female higher level managers.
The goal of the association is promoting boldness of women; developing and popularizing mentoring movements in Latvia and Europe; furthering participation of women in public life and socially responsible business; promoting formation of a civic society; furthering social integration in Latvia and Europe and discussing and solving socio-economic and cultural problems of society.
The most important activities of the association “LĪDERE”:
STUDY “Woman in business”.
PROJECT “LET’S EXCHANGE EXPERIENCE”:
- Conference for Latvian entrepreneurs and higher level managers;
- Guide for the Latvian female entrepreneurs “LĪDERE”.
MENTORING PROGRAMS FOR ENTREPRENEURS:
Mentoring programme for entrepreneurs is free of charge. There are no more than 10 pairs in one programme and the programme lasts for 12 months. In the framework of programme experienced entrepreneurs (mentors) share their experience with young entrepreneurs (mentees).
The aim of the programme is to support newly started entrepreneurs and those who would like to start their own business, support development of new enterprises and work places, provide with the possibility to get information and consultations.
The partners of the project are:
- Women’s Enterprise Agency (Finland)
- Ministry of Economics of Latvia
- Regional Partners
- Investment and Development Agency of Latvia
- Latvian Development Financial Institution ALTUM
THE RESULTS OF MENTORING PROGRAMMES
Total number of programmes – 16 MPE
601 participants have participated in the MPE:
– 271 mentors (211 women, 60 men)
– 330 mentees (237 women, 93 men)
Statistics on companies of mentees:
– have company – 145
– do not have company – 34
– has sold shares of enterprise – 2
– has suspended economic activity of enterprise – 8
– 25 new companies have been established during MPE
The mentoring in last years has been highly appreciated amongst the business people as a movement promoting entrepreneurship in Latvia. The existing mentoring programme in Latvia has also been highly appreciated internationally and could be implemented in other countries as well.
2006 – 1st mentoring program for entrepreneurs of association LIDERE has nominated to the European Enterprise Awards in category Entrepreneurial Trailblazer Award (recognises actions that promote an entrepreneurial culture and mindset and have an awareness raising role promoting entrepreneurship in society) by Ministry of Economics of Republic of Latvia.
MENTORING ROUND TABLE:
Association “LĪDERE” offers the initiative to complement our existing mentoring programme for entrepreneurs with an activity – “Mentoring Round Table” – a one mentee’s meeting with a group of mentors who could brainstorm on mentees questions and problems.
Several new entrepreneurs have received this support from experienced colleagues.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES FOR ENTREPRENEURS:
- International Conference of Women Business Leaders „Breaking Boundaries: Women in Business”: Exchange of ideas, experience and inspirational success stories; 3 February, 2013
- Business Trends Conference “Together Towards Future”; 15 October, 2015
PARTICIPATION IN DIFFERENT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS:
- «First Mentoring Programme for Entrepreneurs in Latvia», 2005-2006
- „Diminishment of Profession Segregation Causes” carried out in the framework of the EQUAL program of EC, No of Contract SL-EQUAL–2005-9, 2006-2007
- «2007/1st and 2007/2nd Mentoring Programmes for Entrepreneurs in Latvia», Contract of co-operation, March 28, 2007, 2007-2008
- «Mentoring Master Workshop. West – East» and visit of 5 representatives from the Afghan Women’s Business Federation in Latvia; Contract of co-operation, August 15, 2008
- «Enhancing women’s role in society, business and development» and visit of 5 women entrepreneurs and leaders from the Iraq to Latvia; Co-operation Contract No.2008/2075, October, 2008
- «PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR STATE AND NON-STATE INSTITUTION MANAGERS IN BELARUS»; Co-operation Contract No. AS19/2008, Grant No. UD2008/34554/EC, 2008
- European Commission Initiative «BREAK GENDER STEREOTYPES, GIVE TALENT A CHANCE!» : Renewal No. 1 of VC/2007/0350 – Raising the awareness of companies about gender stereotypes” – (Contract Reference VC/2008/1046), 2009.
- Mentoring programmes for entrepreneurs (2011 – 2013) organized by Investment and Development Agency of Latvia. These programmes are being implemented in the framework of “Motivation Programme for Innovative Entrepreneurship” realized by Investment and Development Agency of Latvia and funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the European Union.
- „GENDER EQUALITY in economic decision making – TOOL to promote economic competitiveness AND equality VALUE”, Leading Partner: Society Integration Foundation. Project Partners: Ministry of Welfare, Employers’ Confederation of Latvia (LDDK), The Resource Center for Women “Marta” and the Ministry of Economics, 2014.
- MENTORING PROCESS FOR WINNERS OF BUSINESS PLAN CONTEST “JUMP INTO BUSINESS”, 2010 – 2014 in co-operation with Latvian Development Financial Institution ALTUM and Junior Chamber International Latvia.
- To celebrate women entrepreneurs and to encourage women’s solidarity the Member of European Parliament, Mrs. Sandra Kalniete has announced her award for small and medium-size business owners (2011-2014), LĪDERE has acted as Co-Organizer.
- Promoting international cooperation with various countries – Afghanistan, Iraq, various EU countries, USA, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Belarus.
- Active position in promoting social dialog and boldness of women on a national and EU level.
THE CODE OF A WOMAN LEADER:
- A new, interesting and meaningful initiative – discussion platform on values in business and society.
- The goal – to identity the formula of power for the Latvian woman-entrepreneur, the code of her core life and business values, and to stress the importance of core values in growth of both the nation and business.
- In all of regions of Latvia we are looking for female entrepreneurs who have left a significant impact on the development of the region and who are the pride of the local people. By listening to the different stories of entrepreneurs in Latvian regions we will together find out what makes our country strong.
- Together we will create a flow of information for inspiring stories. Each region has its own woman leaders, and the association “LĪDERE” will promote the unification of all leaders in a powerful, large project “THE CODE OF A WOMAN LEADER”.
Board of “LĪDERE”
Chairwoman of the Board
Head of the Business Development in the Publishing House Lietišķās informācijas dienests
Vice President of the Employers’ Confederation of Latvia
Founder and investor of the Association LatBan
Co-owner of LatBan sindikāts Nr.1
Partner in SIA Atlantic
Deputy Chairwoman of the Board
Member of the Board of the Latvian Association of Civil Engineers
Members of the Board
Member of the Board
SIA STIKLA SERVISS
Member of the Board
SIA JARDI. Partneri
Member of the Board
AS Citadele banka
Member of the Board