Graudu iela 68, Riga LV 1058
Telephone: + 371 67606110
Association “LĪDERE” is a public organization (founded on February 3, 2003) that unites Latvian women entrepreneurs and higher level managers.
The goal of the association is to promote boldness of women; develop and popularize mentoring movements in Latvia and Europe; encourage women to participate in public life and socially responsible business; promote formation of a civic society; contribute in social integration in Latvia and Europe and discuss and solve socio-economic and cultural problems of society.
The most important activities of the association “LĪDERE”:
STUDY “Woman in business”.
PROJECT “LET’S EXCHANGE EXPERIENCE”:
- Conference for Latvian entrepreneurs and higher level managers;
- Guide for the Latvian women entrepreneurs “LĪDERE”.
MENTORING PROGRAMMES FOR ENTREPRENEURS:
Mentoring programme for entrepreneurs is free of charge. There are not more than 10 pairs in one programme and the programme lasts for 12 months. In the framework of programme experienced entrepreneurs (mentors) share their experience with young entrepreneurs (mentees).
The aim of the programme is to support newly started entrepreneurs and those who would like to start their own business, to support development of new enterprises and work places and to provide the possibility to get information and consultations.
Project partners are:
- Women’s Enterprise Agency (Finland)
- Ministry of Economics of Latvia (Latvia)
- Regional Partners (Latvia)
- Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (Latvia)
- Latvian Development Financial Institution ALTUM (Latvia)
THE RESULTS OF MENTORING PROGRAMMES
Total number of programmes – 16 MPE
601 participants have participated in the MPE:
– 271 mentors (211 women, 60 men)
– 330 mentees (237 women, 93 men)
Statistics on companies of mentees:
– have company – 145
– do not have company – 34
– has sold shares of enterprise – 2
– has suspended economic activity of enterprise – 8
– 25 new companies have been established during MPE
Mentoring in the last years has been highly appreciated among the business people as a movement of promoting entrepreneurship in Latvia. The existing mentoring programme in Latvia also has been highly appreciated internationally and could be implemented in other countries as well.
In the year of 2006 1st mentoring programme for entrepreneurs of association “LĪDERE” has been nominated to the European Enterprise Awards in category Entrepreneurial Trailblazer Award by Ministry of Economics of Republic of Latvia.
MENTORING ROUND TABLE:
Association “LĪDERE” offers an activity for entrepreneurs – “Mentoring Round Table” – mentee’s meeting with a group of mentors who brainstorm on mentee’s specific questions and problems.
Several new entrepreneurs have received this support from experienced mentors.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES FOR ENTREPRENEURS:
- International Conference of Women Business Leaders “Breaking Boundaries: Women in Business”; Exchange of ideas, experience and inspirational success stories, February 3, 2013.
- Business Trends Conference “Together Towards Future”, October 15, 2015.
PARTICIPATION IN DIFFERENT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS:
- “First Mentoring Programme for Entrepreneurs in Latvia”, 2005 – 2006.
- “Diminishment of Profession Segregation Causes” carried out in the framework of the EQUAL program of EC, Agreement No. SL-EQUAL–2005-9, 2006 – 2007.
- “2007/1st and 2007/2nd Mentoring Programmes for Entrepreneurs in Latvia», cooperation agreement, March 28, 2007, 2007 – 2008.
- “Mentoring Master Workshop. West – East”, visit of 5 representatives of Afghan Women’s Business Federation in Latvia; cooperation agreement, August 15, 2008.
- “Enhancing women’s role in society, business and development”, visit of 5 women entrepreneurs and leaders from Iraq; cooperation agreement No. 2008/2075, October, 2008.
- “PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR STATE AND NON-STATE INSTITUTION MANAGERS IN BELARUS”; cooperation agreement No. AS19/2008, Grant No. UD2008/34554/EC, 2008.
- European Commission Initiative “BREAK GENDER STEREOTYPES, GIVE TALENT A CHANCE!” : Renewal No. 1 of VC/2007/0350 – Raising the awareness of companies about gender stereotypes” – (Agreement Reference VC/2008/1046), 2009.
- Mentoring programmes for entrepreneurs (2011 – 2013) were organized by Investment and Development Agency of Latvia. These programmes have been implemented in the framework of “Motivation Programme for Innovative Entrepreneurship” realized by Investment and Development Agency of Latvia and funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the European Union.
- “GENDER EQUALITY in economic decision making – TOOL to promote economic competitiveness AND equality VALUE”, Leading Partner: Society Integration Foundation. Project Partners: Ministry of Welfare, Employers’ Confederation of Latvia (LDDK), The Resource Center for Women “Marta” and the Ministry of Economics, 2014.
- MENTORING PROCESS FOR WINNERS OF BUSINESS PLAN CONTEST “JUMP INTO BUSINESS”, 2010 – 2014 in cooperation with Latvian Development Financial Institution ALTUM and Junior Chamber International Latvia.
- To celebrate women entrepreneurs and to encourage women’s solidarity the Member of European Parliament, Mrs. Sandra Kalniete has announced her award for small and medium-size business owners (2011-2014), “LĪDERE” has acted as Co-Organizer.
- Promoting international cooperation with various countries – Afghanistan, Iraq, various EU countries, USA, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Belarus.
- Active position in promoting social dialog and boldness of women on a national and EU level.
THE CODE OF A WOMAN LEADER:
- A new, interesting and meaningful discussion platform on values in business and society.
- The goal is to identity the code and formula of power of Latvian woman – entrepreneur, to find out the core values of her life and business and to highlight the growth of business and nation.
- In all regions of Latvia we are looking for female entrepreneurs who have given a significant impact in regional development and who are the pride of local people. By listening to different stories of entrepreneurs in Latvia we will find out what is the core strength of our country. Association “LĪDERE” will unite all leaders in a large and powerful project “THE CODE OF A WOMAN LEADER”.
Board of “LĪDERE”
Chairwoman of the Board
Head of the Business Development of Publishing House Lietišķās informācijas dienests
Vice President of the Employers’ Confederation of Latvia
Founder and investor of the Association LatBan
Co-owner of LatBan sindikāts Nr.1
Deputy Chairwoman of the Board
Member of the Board of the Latvian Association of Civil Engineers
Members of the Board
Member of the Board
SIA STIKLA SERVISS
Member of the Board
SIA JARDI. Partneri
Member of the Board
Financial and Capital Market Commission